Place of birth of father of person
Status: This standard was approved as a departmental standard on January 11, 2016.
Place of birth of father refers to the name of the geographic location where the father of the person was born. The geographic location is specified according to geographic boundaries current at the time of data collection, not the geographic boundaries at the time of birth.
Person refers to an individual and is the unit of analysis for most social statistics programmes.
Conformity to relevant internationally recognized standards
This standard is compatible with the recommendations for censuses contained in the United Nations' "Principles and Recommendations for Population and Housing Censuses, Revision 2", 2008. The UN recommends collecting the information on country of birth of parents following the same guidelines given for country of birth of person. For the foreign-born parents, information on the specific country of birth should be collected according to national boundaries existing at the time of the census. This standard follows this recommendation.
- Countries and Areas of Interest for Social Statistics - SCCAI 2016 March 20, 2017 to current
- Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2016 May 16, 2016 to current
- Classification of place of birth of father January 11, 2016 to current
- Classification of Generation Status April 18, 2011 to current
- Countries and Areas of Interest for Social Statistics - SCCAI 2011 February 20, 2012 to March 19, 2017
- Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2011 May 16, 2011 to May 15, 2016
Relation to previous version
- Place of birth of father of person January 11, 2016 to current
This is the current standard.
- Date modified: