Location of workplace of person with recent work experience
Status: This standard was approved as a departmental standard on April 20, 2015.
Location of workplace refers to the geographic location of the person's workplace for those who have a usual place of work or who work at home.
Person with recent work experience refers to persons 15 years and over who were employed at some point during a reference period such as a year or more, regardless of labour force status during the survey's reference week or reference day.
Location of workplace applies to a specific job.
For the Census of Population/National Household Survey, this specific job usually relates to the job the person held in the reference week. However, if the person did not work during that week but had worked at some time since January 1 of the prior year, the information relates to the job held longest during that period. Persons with two or more jobs were to report the information for the job at which they worked the most hours.
Conformity to relevant internationally recognized standards
The definition of "location of workplace" is compatible with the definition of location of place of work in the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe's "Conference of European Statisticians Recommendations for the 2010 Censuses of Population and Housing", 2006.
- Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2016 May 16, 2016 to current
- Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2011 May 16, 2011 to May 15, 2016
- Classification of Labour Force Status
- Classification of place of work status
- Location of workplace of employed person
- Location of workplace of experienced labour force person
Relation to previous version
- Location of workplace of person with recent work experience April 20, 2015 to current
This is the current standard.
- Date modified: