Household living arrangements of person
Status: This standard was replaced by the 'Household living arrangements of person not in a census family' as of November 16, 2015.
Household living arrangements refers to whether or not the person lives with another person or persons and, if so, whether or not he or she is related to that person or persons. This is a derived variable. It is derived from the responses to questions about the relationships among the people who live in the household.
Person refers to an individual and is the unit of analysis for most social statistics programs.
'Household living arrangements of person' is derived from the responses to questions about the relationships among the people who live in the household.
Conformity to relevant internationally recognized standards
This standard is compatible with the recommendations for censuses contained in the United Nations' Principles and Recommendations for Population and Housing Censuses, Revision 2, 2007. In its discussion of household status, the classification recommended by the UN includes such categories as living with relatives, living with non-relatives and living alone, the classification of this standard.
This standard is also compatible with the Conference of European Statisticians Recommendations for the 2010 Censuses of Population and Housing, 2006 which also recommended these categories in its classification of household status.
- Classification of presence of children October 01, 2019 to current
- Classification of grandparent's living arrangements March 01, 2019 to current
- Classification of living in a family household October 22, 2007 to current
- Classification of children in families September 11, 2013 to November 15, 2015
- Classification of census family status October 22, 2007 to November 15, 2015
- Classification of household living arrangements October 22, 2007 to November 15, 2015
- Census family status of person
- Household living arrangements of person not in a census family
- Living in a family household (for person)
- Private household
Relation to previous version
- Household living arrangements of person October 22, 2007 to November 15, 2015
'Household living arrangements of person' is incorporated within the classification of the previous standard, Household status. The current standards take a more simplified approach, presenting each classification dimension as a separate concept. This approach provides greater conceptual and definitional clarity while simultaneously allowing users more flexibility in constructing whatever more complex, multidimensional classifications meet their needs for data presentation.
- Household Status July 15, 1998 to October 21, 2007
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: