Variant of NAICS 2002 - Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Sector
This special aggregation comprises all NAICS that do not relate to information and communication technology products.
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in financial transactions (that is, transactions involving the creation, liquidation, or change in ownership of financial assets) or in facilitating financial transactions. Included are:
* establishments that are primarily engaged in financial intermediation. They raise funds by taking deposits and/or issuing securities, and, in the process, incur liabilities, which they use to acquire financial assets by making loans and/or purchasing securities. Putting themselves at risk, they channel funds from lenders to borrowers and transform or repackage the funds with respect to maturity, scale and risk.
* establishments that are primarily engaged in the pooling of risk by underwriting annuities and insurance. They collect fees (insurance premiums or annuity considerations), build up reserves, invest those reserves and make contractual payments. Fees are based on the expected incidence of the insured risk and the expected return on investment.
* establishments that are primarily engaged in providing specialized services that facilitate or support financial intermediation, insurance and employee benefit programs.
In addition, establishments charged with monetary control - the monetary authorities - are included in this sector.
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in putting capital at risk in the process of underwriting securities issues or in making markets for securities and commodities; acting as intermediaries between buyers and sellers of securities; providing securities and commodity exchange services (furnishing space, marketplaces, and often facilities for the purpose of facilitating the buying and selling of stocks, stock options, bonds or commodity contracts); facilitating the marketing of financial contracts; asset management (managing portfolios of securities); and providing investment advice, trust, fiduciary, custody and other investment services.
This industry group comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry group, primarily engaged in managing portfolios of securities and providing investment advice, trust, fiduciary, custody and other investment services.
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as principals in the buying and selling of financial contracts, other than securities or commodity contracts, generally on a spread basis.
523910 - Miscellaneous IntermediationUS
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as principals in the buying and selling of financial contracts, other than securities or commodity contracts, generally on a spread basis.
- Investment clubs
- Oil royalty dealing (i.e., acting as principals)
- Syndicates, investment
- Venture capital companies