Variant of NAICS 2002 - Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Sector
This special aggregation comprises all NAICS that do not relate to information and communication technology products.
This special aggregation 'Manufacturing, except ICT' comprises the portion of NAICS sector 31-33 'Manufacturing' that does not relate to information and communication technology products
The NAICS sector 31-33 'Manufacturing' comprises establishments primarily engaged in the physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products. These products may be finished, in the sense that they are ready to be used or consumed, or semi-finished, in the sense of becoming a raw material for an establishment to use in further manufacturing. Related activities, such as the assembly of the component parts of manufactured goods; the blending of materials; and the finishing of manufactured products by dyeing, heat-treating, plating and similar operations are also treated as manufacturing activities. Manufacturing establishments are known by a variety of trade designations, such as plants, factories or mills.
Manufacturing establishments may own the materials which they transform or they may transform materials owned by other establishments. Manufacturing may take place in factories or in workers' homes, using either machinery or hand tools.
Certain activities involving the transformation of goods are classified in other sectors. Some examples are post-harvest activities of agricultural establishments, such as crop drying; logging; the beneficiating of mineral ores; the production of structures by construction establishments; and various activities conducted by retailers, such as meat cutting and the assembly of products such as bicycles and computers.
This subsector comprises establishments, not classified to any other subsector, primarily engaged in manufacturing activities. These establishments manufacture a diverse range of products, such as medical equipment and supplies, jewellery, sporting goods, toys and office supplies.
This industry group comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry group, primarily engaged in manufacturing activities.
This industry comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry, primarily engaged in manufacturing activities.
Establishments primarily engaged in:
- manufacturing wood products, such as burnt wood articles (See 32199 All Other Wood Product Manufacturing)
- manufacturing plastic products, such as lamp shades, combs and hair curlers (See 32619 Other Plastic Product Manufacturing)
- manufacturing glass products, such as lamp shades and non-electric Christmas tree ornaments (See 32721 Glass and Glass Product Manufacturing)
- manufacturing metal products, such as combs and hair curlers (See 33299 All Other Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing)
339990 - All Other Miscellaneous ManufacturingCAN
This Canadian industry comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry, primarily engaged in manufacturing activities.
- Artificial christmas trees, manufacturing
- Artificial flower arrangements, assembling from purchased components
- Bone novelties, manufacturing
- Brooms, manufacturing
- Brushes, household and industrial, manufacturing
- Buckles and buckle parts, manufacturing
- Burial caskets, manufacturing
- Buttons, apparel, manufacturing
- Candles, manufacturing
- Canes (except orthopedic), manufacturing
- Caskets (burial), metal and wood, manufacturing
- Christmas tree ornaments (except electrical and glass), manufacturing
- Christmas trees, artificial, manufacturing
- Cigarette holders, manufacturing
- Coffins, wood or metal, manufacturing
- Coin-operated amusement machine (except juke boxes), manufacturing
- Coin-operated gambling machines, manufacturing
- Coin-operated photograph machines, manufacturing
- Feathers, preparing for use in clothing and textile products
- Fire extinguishers, portable, manufacturing
- Flowers, artificial (except glass or plastic), manufacturing
- Frames, mirror and picture, all materials, manufacturing
- Games, coin-operated, manufacturing
- Gaskets, manufacturing
- Hair nets, made from purchased netting
- Hair pieces (e.g., wigs, toupees, wiglets), manufacturing
- Lighters, cigar and cigarette (except precious metal and motor vehicle), manufacturing
- Mops, floor and dust, manufacturing
- Music boxes, manufacturing
- Musical instruments, manufacturing
- Needles and pins, sewing, manufacturing
- Novelties, not specified elsewhere by process, manufacturing
- Pianos, manufacturing
- Pinball machines, coin-operated, manufacturing
- Pipes, smoker's, manufacturing
- Potpourri, manufacturing
- Safety pins, manufacturing
- Shell novelties, manufacturing
- Tooth brushes (except electric), manufacturing
- Trees and plants, artificial, manufacturing
- Umbrellas, manufacturing
- Wax figures (i.e., manikins), manufacturing
- Wigs, wiglets, toupees, hair pieces, manufacturing
- Zippers (i.e., slide fasteners), manufacturing