National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Version 1.1
- 9 - Occupations in manufacturing and utilities
- 96 - Labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- 961 - Labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
9613 - Labourers in chemical products processing and utilities
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of material handling, cleaning and routine general labouring activities. They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, and by electrical, water and waste treatment utilities and services.
- coating machine feeder - chemical processing
- filter cleaner - chemical processing
- helper - chemical processing
- labourer - gas utility
- loader - chemical processing
- retort unloader
- still cleaner - chemical processing
- water intake tender
- waterworks labourer
- Chemical plant machine operators (See 9421 Chemical plant machine operators)
- Petroleum, gas and chemical process operators (See 9232 Central control and process operators, petroleum, gas and chemical processing)
- Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities (See 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities)
- Water and waste treatment plant operators (See 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators)
- Waterworks and gas maintenance workers (See 7442 Waterworks and gas maintenance workers)
Labourers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Feed and unload production machinery and equipment
- Clean chemical processing machines and equipment and production areas
- Move, sort and pile materials and products manually and using powered equipment
- Assist other workers to operate, repair and maintain process equipment, gas distribution, water filtration and waste plant equipment
- Perform general duties such as basic construction, painting and other manual tasks.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Considerable mobility is possible among jobs in this unit group.
- Progression to operator positions in the chemical or utility industry is possible with experience and appropriate qualifications.