North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
- 52 - Finance and insurance
- 524 - Insurance carriers and related activities
- 5241 - Insurance carriers
- 52413 - Reinsurance carriersUS
524135 - Liability reinsurance carriersCAN
This Canadian industry comprises establishments in which more than 70 per cent of nominal output is derived from assuming all or part of the risk associated with liability insurance policies originally underwritten by other insurance carriers. Nominal output is measured as premiums less claims plus investment income.
Liability insurance provides protection for legal liability to others for injury, death or damage to property which may arise in the course of carrying out occupational or personal activities.
- directors' liability reinsurance
- product liability reinsurance
- professional malpractice reinsurance