North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
- 52 - Finance and insurance
- 524 - Insurance carriers and related activities
- 5241 - Insurance carriers
- 52412 - Direct insurance (except life, health and medical) carriersUS
524125 - Direct liability insurance carriersCAN
This Canadian industry comprises establishments in which more than 70 percent of nominal output is derived from underwriting liability insurance directly to policyholders. Nominal output is measured as premiums less claims plus investment income.
Liability insurance provides protection for legal liability to others for injury, death or damage to property which may arise in the course of carrying out occupational or personal activities.
- directors liability insurance
- product liability insurance
- professional malpractice insurance