North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
- 52 - Finance and insurance
- 523 - Securities, commodity contracts, and other financial investment and related activities
- 5231 - Securities and commodity contracts intermediation and brokerage
- 52311 - Investment banking and securities dealingUS
523110 - Investment banking and securities dealingUS
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as principals (investors who buy or sell on their own account), generally on a spread basis, in originating, underwriting and/or distributing issues of securities of businesses, governments and institutions.
- government bond underwriters
- investment banking
- securities distributing (acting as a principal in dealing securities to investors)
- securities originating (acting as a principal in dealing new securities to investors)
- underwriters, securities
- making markets (dealing or trading) in securities
- buying or selling securities for others on a commission basis (See 523120 Securities brokerage)
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: