North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
- 52 - Finance and insurance
- 522 - Credit intermediation and related activities
- 5222 - Non-depository credit intermediationUS
- 52222 - Sales financingUS
522220 - Sales financingUS
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in sales financing. Establishments primarily engaged in providing financial leases or operating leases are also included if they are engaged in any sales financing.
Sales financing establishments lend money to consumers and businesses, for the purchase of goods and services, using a contractual installment sales agreement, often either directly from, or through arrangements with, dealers of the products.
- acceptance companies
- automobile sales finance company
- conditional sales finance companies
- leasing, in combination with sales financing
- sales finance companies
- purchasing of installment and credit card receivables, created as a result of retail sales to businesses and individuals
- providing operating leases and financial leases when not engaged in any sales financing (See 532 Rental and leasing services)