North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in financial transactions (that is, transactions involving the creation, liquidation, or change in ownership of financial assets) or in facilitating financial transactions. Included are:
* establishments that are primarily engaged in financial intermediation. They raise funds by taking deposits and/or issuing securities, and, in the process, incur liabilities, which they use to acquire financial assets by making loans and/or purchasing securities. Putting themselves at risk, they channel funds from lenders to borrowers and transform or repackage the funds with respect to maturity, scale and risk.
* establishments that are primarily engaged in the pooling of risk by underwriting annuities and insurance. They collect fees (insurance premiums or annuity considerations), build up reserves, invest those reserves and make contractual payments. Fees are based on the expected incidence of the insured risk and the expected return on investment.
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in lending funds raised from depositors or by issuing debt securities and establishments that facilitate the lending of funds or issuance of credit by engaging in such activities as mortgage and loan brokerage, clearinghouse and reserve services, and cheque-cashing services.
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing services closely related to credit intermediation, but not acting as intermediaries.
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in arranging mortgage or other loans for others on a commission or fee basis. These establishments ordinarily do not have any continuing relationship with either borrower or lender.
522310 - Mortgage and non-mortgage loan brokersUS
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in arranging mortgage or other loans for others on a commission or fee basis. These establishments ordinarily do not have any continuing relationship with either borrower or lender.
- mortgage and loan brokerages
- mortgage and loan brokers' or agents' offices
- mortgage banking (See 52229 Other non-depository credit intermediation)