North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating recreation, amusement and gambling facilities and services. Examples of establishments in this subsector are golf courses, skiing facilities, marinas, recreational sports and fitness centres, bowling centres, amusement parks, amusement arcades and parlours, casinos, bingo halls, operators of video gaming terminals and operators of lotteries.
There are establishments engaged in amusement, gambling and recreation activities in combination with other activities that are classified in other sectors. The most important are listed below.
- horse race tracks (See 7112 Spectator sports)
- operators of resort hotels, casino hotels, and recreation and vacation camps (See 721 Accommodation services)
- providers of sightseeing and pleasure cruises (See 487 Scenic and sightseeing transportation)
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating amusement parks, amusement arcades and parlours.
- maintaining and operating coin-operated gaming devices, such as slot machines or video gambling terminals, in places of business operated by others (See 713299 All other gambling industries)
- maintaining coin-operated amusement devices, such as juke boxes, pinball machines, and mechanical and video games, in places of business operated by others (See 713999 All other amusement and recreation industries)
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating gambling facilities, such as casinos, bingo halls and video gaming terminals; or providing gambling services, such as lotteries and off-track betting.
- operating bars and restaurants with video gaming or other gambling machines on the premises (See 722 Food services and drinking places)
- operating casino hotels (See 721120 Casino hotels)
- operating horse race tracks (See 711213 Horse race tracks)
This industry group comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry group, primarily engaged in operating outdoor or indoor facilities, or providing services that enable patrons to participate in sports and recreational activities. Examples of establishments in this industry group are golf courses, skiing facilities, marinas, recreational, sports and fitness centres, and bowling centres.
- resorts in which recreational facilities are combined with lodging (See 721113 Resorts)