North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 2.0
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating radio and television broadcasting studios and facilities.
- broadcasting exclusively on the Internet (See 519 Other information services)
- operating telecommunications networks (See 517 Telecommunications)
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating broadcasting studios and facilities for the transmission of a variety of radio and television broadcasts, including entertainment, news, talk shows and other programs. These establishments produce, purchase and schedule programs; and generate revenues from the sale of air time to advertisers, from donations and subsidies, or from the sale of programs.
- broadcasting exclusively on the Internet (See 519130 Internet broadcasting and web search portals)
- broadcasting television programs in a defined and limited format via operators of cable and satellite distribution systems (See 515210 Pay and specialty television)
- delivering programs to subscribers by cable or satellite systems (See 517310 Wired and wireless telecommunications carriers (except satellite))
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in broadcasting television programs, in a defined and limited format, such as family and youth-oriented, news, feature films, music, health, sports, religion, weather, travel and educational programming. These establishments may produce programs in their own broadcasting studios or they may acquire programming from external sources. The programming is delivered to subscribers by operators of cable or satellite distribution systems.