National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Version 1.0
- 9 - Occupations in manufacturing and utilities
- 92 - Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- 922 - Supervisors, assembly and fabrication
9224 - Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who manufacture furniture and fixtures made of wood or other materials. They are employed in furniture and fixtures manufacturing establishments.
- desk assembly foreman/woman
- furniture and fixtures manufacturing supervisor
- furniture assembly foreman/woman
- furniture finishers supervisor
- laminating foreman/woman
- woodworking machine operator foreman/woman - furniture and fixtures manufacturing
- woodworking machine operators supervisor - furniture and fixtures manufacturing
- Cabinetmakers (See 7272 Cabinetmakers)
- Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades (See 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades)
- Furniture and fixture assemblers and inspectors (See 9532 Furniture and fixture assemblers and inspectors)
- Furniture finishers and refinishers (See 9534 Furniture finishers and refinishers)
- Supervisors of millwork and wood product manufacturing other than furniture and fixture, and wood machining (See 9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly)
- Woodworking machine operators (See 9437 Woodworking machine operators)
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble furniture and fixtures of any materials, operate woodworking machines and finish furniture to specified colour or finish
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a furniture and fixture assembler, woodworking machine operator, cabinetmaker or furniture finisher, is usually required.