North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 1.0
- 44-45 - Retail trade
- 454 - Non-store retailersUS
- 4541 - Electronic shopping and mail-order housesUS
- 45411 - Electronic shopping and mail-order housesUS
454110 - Electronic shopping and mail-order housesCAN
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing all types of merchandise using the electronic and print media to induce direct response by the customer. These establishments can employ methods, such as broadcasting infomercials, broadcasting and publishing direct-response advertising and publishing traditional or electronic catalogues, to display their merchandise and reach their customers.
Transactions between these retailers and their customers typically require the use of information technology (telephone or computer network) and the delivery of merchandise is typically done by mail or courier.
- combined Internet and mail order sales
- direct mailers (i.e., selling own merchandise)
- home shopping, television, retail
- Internet auctions, retail
- mail order offices of department stores, retail
- merchandise retailing via Internet
- provision of websites facilitating consumer-to-consumer or business-to-consumer trade in new and used goods, on an auction basis, using the Internet
- retailing from catalogue showrooms without stock
- call centres providing telemarketing services for others (See 561420 Telephone call centres)
- facilitating business-to-business sales of new and used merchandise on an auction basis using the Internet (See 419110 Business-to-business electronic markets)
- retailing a general line of new and used merchandise on an auction basis from a combination of Internet auction and auction house sales in the same establishment (See 453999 All other miscellaneous store retailers (except beer and wine-making supplies stores))
- store retailing or a combination of store retailing and Internet retailing of merchandise in the same establishment (classified to the store portion of the activity)
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: