Variant of NAICS 1997 - Labour Force Survey (LFS) Industries
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing health care by diagnosis and treatment, providing residential care for medical and social reasons, and providing social assistance, such as counselling, welfare, child protection, community housing and food services, vocational rehabilitation and child care, to those requiring such assistance.
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing a wide variety of assistance services directly to their clients. These services do not include residential or accommodation services, except on a short-stay basis.
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing non-residential, individual and family, social assistance services.
This industry comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry, primarily engaged in providing non-residential, individual and family, social assistance services.
Establishments primarily engaged in:
- clinical psychological and psychiatric social counselling services (See 62133 Offices of Mental Health Practitioners (except Physicians))
- child and youth social assistance services, except day-care (See 62411 Child and Youth Services)
- social assistance services to the elderly and persons with disabilities (See 62412 Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities)
- day-care services for children (See 62441 Child Day-Care Services)
624190 - Other Individual and Family Services
This Canadian industry comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry, primarily engaged in providing non-residential, individual and family, social assistance services.
- Alcoholic and drug addiction self-help organizations
- Crisis intervention centres
- Friendship centre
- Marriage (family) counselling services
- Neighbourhood centres
- Offender rehabilitation agencies
- Offender self-help organizations
- Outreach programs
- Parenting services
- Rape crisis centres
- Refugee services
- Self-help action group
- Suicide crisis centre
- Telephone counselling service