Variant of NAICS 1997 - Labour Force Survey (LFS) Industries
- 7 - Services-Producing Sector
- 14 - Health Care and Social Assistance
- 62 - Health Care and Social Assistance
- 623 - Nursing and Residential Care Facilities
- 6232 - Residential Developmental Handicap, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities
62322 - Residential Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing residential care and treatment for patients with mental health and substance abuse illnesses. These establishments provide room, board, supervision, counselling and other social services. Medical services may be available but they are incidental to the counselling, mental rehabilitation and support services offered. These establishments generally provide a wide range of social services in addition to counselling.