Variant of NAICS 1997 - Labour Force Survey (LFS) Industries
- 7 - Services-Producing Sector
- 9 - Transportation and Warehousing
- 48-49 - Transportation and Warehousing
- 488 - Support Activities for Transportation
- 4885 - Freight Transportation Arrangement
48851 - Freight Transportation Arrangement
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in acting as intermediaries between shippers and carriers. These establishments are usually referred to as freight forwarders, marine shipping agents or customs brokers. They may offer a combination of services, which may span transportation modes.