Variant of NAICS 1997 - Labour Force Survey (LFS) Industries
1 - Goods-Producing Sector
6 - Manufacturing
31-33 - Manufacturing
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in the physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products. These products may be finished, in the sense that they are ready to be used or consumed, or semi-finished, in the sense of becoming a raw material for an establishment to use in further manufacturing. Related activities, such as the assembly of the component parts of manufactured goods; the blending of materials; and the finishing of manufactured products by dyeing, heat-treating, plating and similar operations are also treated as manufacturing activities. Manufacturing establishments are known by a variety of trade designations, such as plants, factories or mills.
Manufacturing establishments may own the materials which they transform or they may transform materials owned by other establishments. Manufacturing may take place in factories or in workers' homes, using either machinery or hand tools.
Certain activities involving the transformation of goods are classified in other sectors. Some examples are post-harvest activities of agricultural establishments, such as crop drying; logging; the beneficiating of mineral ores; the production of structures by construction establishments; and various activities conducted by retailers, such as meat cutting and the assembly of products such as bicycles and computers.
326 - Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in making goods by processing raw rubber and plastics materials. Rubber- and plastics-based activities are combined in the same subsector because the technical properties of these polymers are related.
Generally, establishments classified in this subsector manufacture products made of just one material, rubber or plastics, with the major exception of tire manufacturing.
Establishments primarily engaged in:
- manufacturing synthetic resins from basic organic chemicals (See 325210 Resin and Synthetic Rubber Manufacturing)
- compounding plastics resins from recycled materials (See 32599 All Other Chemical Product Manufacturing)
3262 - Rubber Product Manufacturing
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in processing natural, synthetic or reclaimed rubber materials into intermediate or final products using such processes as vulcanizing, cementing, moulding, extruding and lathe-cutting.
32622 - Rubber and Plastic Hose and Belting Manufacturing
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing rubber and plastic hose (reinforced) and belting from natural and synthetic rubber and/or plastics resins.
Establishments primarily engaged in:
- manufacturing plastic tubing and pipe (See 32612 Plastic Pipe, Pipe Fitting and Unsupported Profile Shape Manufacturing)
- manufacturing rubber tubing (See 32629 Other Rubber Product Manufacturing)
326220 - Rubber and Plastic Hose and Belting Manufacturing
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing rubber and plastic hose (reinforced) and belting from natural and synthetic rubber and/or plastics resins.
- Belting, rubber (e.g., conveyor, elevator, transmission), manufacturing
- Conveyor belts, rubber, manufacturing
- Fan belts, rubber or plastics, manufacturing
- Garden hose, rubber or plastics, manufacturing
- Hose, reinforced, made from purchased plastics
- Hose, reinforced, made from purchased rubber
- Hose, rubberized fabric, manufacturing
- Hydraulic hose (without fittings), rubber or plastics, manufacturing
- Motor vehicle belts and hoses, rubber or plastics, manufacturing
- Pneumatic hose, without fittings, rubber or plastic, manufacturing
- Radiator and heater hoses, rubber, manufacturing
- Transmission belts, rubber, manufacturing
- V-belts, plastics, manufacturing
- V-belts, rubber, manufacturing
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: