North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2022 Version 1.0
62 - Health care and social assistance
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing health care by diagnosis and treatment, providing residential care for medical and social reasons, and providing social assistance, such as counselling, welfare, child protection, community housing and food services, vocational rehabilitation and child care, to those requiring such assistance.
621 - Ambulatory health care services
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing health care services, directly or indirectly, to ambulatory patients. Health practitioners in this subsector provide out-patient services, in which the facilities and equipment are not usually the most significant part of the production process.
6213 - Offices of other health practitioners
This industry group comprises establishments of health practitioners, other than physicians and dentists. Offices, especially walk-in centres that accept patients without appointment and that often have extended office hours, are sometimes called clinics or centres.
62139 - Offices of all other health practitioners
This industry comprises establishments of health practitioners, not classified to any other industry, primarily engaged in providing health services.
621390 - Offices of all other health practitionersCAN
This Canadian industry comprises establishments of health practitioners other than physicians, dentists, mental health practitioners, optometrists, chiropractors, audiologists, and physical occupational and speech therapists, primarily engaged in providing health services.
- acupuncturists' offices
- dental hygienists, offices of
- denturists' offices
- dietitians, offices of
- kinesiologists' office
- midwives' offices
- naturopaths' offices
- nutritionists, offices of
- orthotics, prosthetics, and pedorthics patient care offices
- podiatrists, offices and clinics of
- registered nurses' offices
- mental health practising (See 621330 Offices of mental health practitioners (except physicians))
- office of registered and practical home health care nurses (See 621610 Home health care services)
- practice of chiropractic medicine (See 621310 Offices of chiropractors)
- practice of dentistry (See 621210 Offices of dentists)
- practice of general or specialized medicine or surgery (See 621110 Offices of physicians)
- practice of optometry (See 621320 Offices of optometrists)
- practice of physical, occupational, and speech therapy and audiology (See 621340 Offices of physical, occupational, and speech therapists and audiologists)
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: