National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 7 - Trades, transport and equipment operators and related occupations
- 75 - Helpers and labourers and other transport drivers, operators and labourers
- 752 - Transport drivers, operators and labourers
- 7521 - Water and rail transport operators and labourers and related occupations
75211 - Railway and motor transport labourers
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
- car checker - railway
- delivery truck helper
- furniture mover helper
- mover helper
- railway labourer
- signal gang helper
- swamper - truck transport
- truck driver helper
- Material handlers (See 75101 Material handlers)
- Railway car greaser (See 74200 Railway yard and track maintenance workers)
- Railway car oiler (See 74200 Railway yard and track maintenance workers)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
Motor transport labourers
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- With experience, railway labourers may progress to railway track maintenance workers or railway yard workers.