National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 6 - Sales and service occupations
- 65 - Sales and service support occupations
- 653 - Support occupations in cleaning and related services
- 6531 - Cleaners
65310 - Light duty cleaners
Light duty cleaners clean lobbies, hallways, offices and rooms of hotels, motels, resorts, hospitals, schools, office buildings and private residences. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, recreational facilities, hospitals and other institutions, building management companies, cleaning service companies and private individuals. Housekeepers perform housekeeping duties in residential, and institutional settings.
- hospital cleaner
- hotel cleaner
- house cleaner
- housekeeping aide
- housekeeping room attendant
- light duty cleaner
- office cleaner
- Cleaning supervisors (See 62024 Cleaning supervisors)
- Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners (See 65312 Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners)
- Specialized cleaners (See 65311 Specialized cleaners)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Sweep, mop, wash, wax and polish floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Make beds, change sheets and distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Attend to guests' requests for extra supplies
- Stock linen closets and other supplies' areas
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Clean and disinfect public areas such as changing rooms, showers and elevators
- Disinfect operating rooms and other hospital areas
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings.
- Report and store lost and found items
- May provide basic information on facilities
- May handle complaints.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.
- Progression to supervisory cleaning positions is possible with additional training or experience.
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: