National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 6 - Sales and service occupations
- 65 - Sales and service support occupations
- 652 - Support occupations in food, accommodation and tourism
- 6521 - Support occupations in accommodation, travel, tourism and amusement services
65210 - Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services
Workers in support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services escort guests to their rooms, carry travellers' luggage at airports, in railway stations and aboard ships, clean and maintain public areas and passengers' rooms aboard ships and trains, and set up rooms and associated furnishings, commercial displays, exhibits, equipment and booths in facilities and establishments. They are employed by hotels, conference centres, retail establishments, passenger transport companies and throughout the private and public sectors.
- baggage porter
- banquet porter
- cruise line passenger attendant
- facilities porter
- hotel doorkeeper
- hotel guest services attendant
- luggage attendant
- room flipper
- showcase installer
- train service attendant
- Air transport ramp attendants (See 74202 Air transport ramp attendants)
- Hotel front desk clerks (See 64314 Hotel front desk clerks)
- Material handlers (See 75101 Material handlers)
- Motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and performing arts assistants and operators (See 53111 Motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and performing arts assistants and operators)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Guest service attendants and baggage porters
- Carry luggage for hotel guests, escort incoming guests to their rooms
- Check rooms to ensure they are in order
- Offer information regarding features of rooms, services of hotel and points of interest
- Assist guests with special needs
- Attend to group arrivals and departures
- Receive and deliver items and messages for guests
- Handle guest complaints and requests and maintain luggage storage areas.
- Convey travellers' luggage at railway stations and airports by hand or hand truck and arrange for ground transportation.
Ship and train service attendants
- Set and clear tables, serve food and beverages, clean sleeping cars and cabins, make beds, wash dishes and maintain washroom supplies
- Carry luggage for passengers aboard ships.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and comfort.
- Set-up, install, reconfigure, relocate and dismantle temporary partitions and furnishings of rooms
- Assemble, rotate and disassemble window displays, showcases and signage according to floor plans or instructions
- Assist with installation of audiovisual equipment and help in resolving problems during use
- May perform minor repairs on installations and routine maintenance of audiovisual equipment.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: