National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 6 - Sales and service occupations
- 65 - Sales and service support occupations
- 651 - Sales support occupations
- 6510 - Cashiers and other sales support occupations
65102 - Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers pack customers' purchases, price items, stock shelves with merchandise, and fill online, mail and telephone orders. They are employed in retail establishments, such as grocery, hardware and department stores, and in warehouses.
- bag clerk
- fulfillment associate
- grocery clerk
- grocery packer
- price clerk - retail
- produce clerk
- shelf stocker - retail
- supermarket clerk
- Cashiers (See 65100 Cashiers)
- Material handlers (See 75101 Material handlers)
- Other sales related occupations (See 65109 Other sales related occupations)
- Retail sales supervisors (See 62010 Retail sales supervisors)
- Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers (See 64100 Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Bag, box or parcel purchases for customers at stores or for shipment and delivery to customers
- Carry customers' purchases to parking lot and pack in vehicles
- Unpack products received by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Use barcode scanning equipment to record incoming stock, verify pricing and maintain computerized stock inventory
- Price items using stamp or stickers according to price list
- Attach protective devices to products to protect against shoplifting
- Stock shelves and display areas and keep stock clean and in order
- Label and document orders, and prepare shipping, customs and courier documentation when required
- Obtain articles for customers from shelf or stockroom
- Direct customers to location of articles sought and assist with inquiries
- Enter, track and process customer orders and generate inventory reports
- May operate carts, dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, order pickers and other powered industrial trucks (PIT)
- May sweep aisles, dust display racks and perform other general cleaning duties
- May operate cash register and computer for electronic commerce transactions
- May order stock.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: