National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 6 - Sales and service occupations
- 60 - Middle management occupations in retail and wholesale trade and customer services
- 600 - Middle management occupations in retail and wholesale trade and customer services
- 6004 - Managers in customer and personal services
60040 - Managers in customer and personal services
Managers in customer and personal services provide services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning. This group also includes managers of schools that provide non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion.
- barber shop manager
- car wash manager
- cooking school manager
- driving school manager
- dry cleaning service manager
- hairdressing salon manager
- pest control service manager
- residential cleaning service manager
- septic tank service manager
- spa manager
- window washing service manager
- Accommodation service managers (See 60031 Accommodation service managers)
- Cleaning supervisors (See 62024 Cleaning supervisors)
- Executive housekeepers (See 62021 Executive housekeepers)
- Other business services managers (See 10029 Other business services managers)
- Retail and wholesale trade managers (See 60020 Retail and wholesale trade managers)
- Retail sales supervisors (See 62010 Retail sales supervisors)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment providing services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning, or a school providing non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Respond to inquiries or complaints and resolve problems
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma or vocational certificate in the subject of instruction may be required.
- One to three years of experience in the service being offered are usually required.
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: