National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 4 - Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services
- 44 - Care providers and legal and public protection support occupations
- 442 - Primary combat members of the Canadian Armed Forces
- 4420 - Primary combat members of the Canadian Armed Forces
44200 - Primary combat members of the Canadian Armed Forces
Primary combat members of the Canadian Armed Forces provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, air space and other interests. They conduct raids and ambushes in combat missions and conduct patrols and escorts in security and stability missions. They also follow the military and strategic policies established by the leadership of the Canadian Army, the Royal Canadian Airforce and the Royal Canadian Navy.
- armoured soldier - Canadian Army
- infantry soldier
- soldier - Canadian Army
- Commissioned officers of the Canadian Armed Forces (See 40042 Commissioned officers of the Canadian Armed Forces)
- Operations members of the Canadian Armed Forces (See 43204 Operations members of the Canadian Armed Forces)
- Specialized members of the Canadian Armed Forces (See 42102 Specialized members of the Canadian Armed Forces)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Provide assistance in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defense systems
- Engage in non-combat operations for humanitarian efforts
- Participate in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief
- Maintain weapon systems, vehicles, survival gear and personal defensive equipment
- Perform underwater search and recovery operations
- Use tactics of camouflage and concealment, patrol, attack, defense, and evasion when engaged in combat missions.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Three months of basic military training is required and provided.
- Specialized training in the operation of military equipment and systems is provided.
- As they progress in their careers, members of this unit group who demonstrate the required abilities and potential will be offered advanced training.