National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 4 - Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services
- 43 - Assisting occupations in education and in legal and public protection
- 431 - Assisting occupations in education
- 4310 - Assisting occupations in education
43109 - Other instructors
Other instructors teach courses, such as motor vehicle or motorcycle driving, sailing and navigation, sewing or other courses, which are outside of educational institutions. They are employed by driving schools, fabric retailers and other commercial establishments or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes modelling and finishing school instructors, driver's licence examiners, who are employed by provincial governments and tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects.
- driver's licence examiner
- driving instructor
- modelling instructor
- motorcycle driving instructor
- sewing instructor - non-vocational
- truck driving instructor
- College and other vocational instructors (See 41210 College and other vocational instructors)
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (See 41221 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers)
- Secondary school teachers (See 41220 Secondary school teachers)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations
- Demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles
- Supervise individuals during practice driving.
Driver's licence examiners
- Conduct road test examinations
- Evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
- Give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
- Give instruction on modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.
- Enrollment in or completion of post-secondary school in a related discipline may be required for tutors, secondary and elementary school subjects.
- Expertise in the field of instruction must be demonstrated.
- Driving instructors must obtain special licensing as a driving instructor in the province of employment.
- Certification by the Canadian Yachting Association may be required for sailing and navigation instructors.