National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 4 - Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services
- 42 - Front-line public protection services and paraprofessional occupations in legal, social, community, education services
- 421 - Occupations in front-line public protection services
- 4210 - Occupations in front-line public protection services
42102 - Specialized members of the Canadian Armed Forces
Specialized members of the Canadian Armed Forces provide critical technological support for military armament. They are primarily responsible for the maintenance, inspection and technical support of all Canadian Army equipment. They also follow the military and strategic policies established by the leadership of the Canadian Army, the Royal Canadian Airforce, and the Royal Canadian Navy.
- air weapons systems technician
- ammunition technician
- weapons engineering technician
- weapons technician
- Commissioned officers of the Canadian Armed Forces (See 40042 Commissioned officers of the Canadian Armed Forces)
- Operations members of the Canadian Armed Forces (See 43204 Operations members of the Canadian Armed Forces)
- Primary combat members of the Canadian Armed Forces (See 44200 Primary combat members of the Canadian Armed Forces)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Certify ammunition, explosive items, munitions and non-munitions scrap to different degrees of classification
- Inspect, test, identify faults, adjust, repair, recondition and modify electrical, electromechanical, electronic, electro-optic and mechanical equipment, optical instruments, and control systems for weapons and missiles
- Maintain and repair machine-guns and non-guided anti-tank weapons, grenade projectors, mortars and launcher systems
- Test, inspect and repair air weapons systems
- Compile test logs, evaluation reports, equipment maintenance documentation and read and interpret electronic drawings.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Three months of basic military training is required and provided.
- Occupational qualification training of at least two years is required.
- Specialized training in the operation and maintenance of military equipment and systems is provided.
- Members of this unit group who demonstrate the required abilities and potential will be offered advanced training.