National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 2 - Natural and applied sciences and related occupations
- 21 - Professional occupations in natural and applied sciences
- 212 - Professional occupations in applied sciences (except engineering)
- 2122 - Computer and information systems professionals
21223 - Database analysts and data administrators
Database analysts design, develop and administer data management solutions. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors.
- data administrator
- data custodian
- data dictionary administrator
- data warehouse analyst
- database administrator (DBA)
- database analyst
- database architect
- technical architect - database
- Computer and information systems managers (See 20012 Computer and information systems managers)
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (See 21311 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers))
- Computer systems developers and programmers (See 21230 Computer systems developers and programmers)
- Information systems specialists (See 21222 Information systems specialists)
- Software developers and programmers (See 21232 Software developers and programmers)
- Software engineers and designers (See 21231 Software engineers and designers)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Collect and document user requirements
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis
- May lead, coordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- May lead and coordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
- A bachelor's degree or college program, usually in computer science, computer engineering, or in mathematics is usually required.
- Computer programming and related experience is usually required.