National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 1 - Business, finance and administration occupations
- 14 - Administrative and financial support and supply chain logistics occupations
- 141 - Office, court, and data support occupations
- 1411 - Survey, statistical and data entry occupations
14111 - Data entry clerks
Data entry clerks input coded, statistical, financial and other information into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or optical scanner, speech recognition software or other data entry tools. They are employed in the private and public sectors.
- data control clerk
- data entry operator
- data input clerk
- data processor
- payment entry clerk
- General office support workers (See 14100 General office support workers)
- Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers (See 12010 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Receive and register invoices, forms, records and other documents for data capture
- Input data into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates using a keyboard, mouse, or optical scanner, speech recognition software or other data entry tools
- Import and/or export data between different kinds of software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data
- Identify, label and organize electronic storage media
- Maintain libraries of electronic storage media.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- College or other courses in data entry may be required.
- Progression to senior positions is possible with experience.