National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 1 - Business, finance and administration occupations
- 14 - Administrative and financial support and supply chain logistics occupations
- 141 - Office, court, and data support occupations
- 1411 - Survey, statistical and data entry occupations
14110 - Survey interviewers and statistical clerks
Survey interviewers contact individuals to gather information for market research, public opinion polls or election and census enumeration. Statistical clerks code and compile interview and other data into reports, lists, directories and other documents. They are employed by market research and polling firms, government departments and agencies, utility companies, contact centres and other establishments. This unit group also includes clerks who observe and record information on traffic flow.
- census enumerator
- coding clerk - statistics
- election enumerator
- interview clerk
- poll clerk
- public opinion interviewer
- statistical clerk
- survey interviewer
- telephone survey clerk
- meter reader
- Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks (See 14301 Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks)
- Other customer and information services representatives (See 64409 Other customer and information services representatives)
- Statistical officers and related research support occupations (See 12113 Statistical officers and related research support occupations)
- Telemarketer (See 65109 Other sales related occupations)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Contact individuals by telephone or in person and explain the purpose of the interview
- Ask questions following the outlines of questionnaires and surveys
- Record responses on paper or enter responses directly into a computer database through computer-assisted interviewing systems.
- Check information gathered for completeness and accuracy
- Code information according to established coding manuals and enter data into statistical-based computer programs
- Conduct routine statistical analysis of data
- Compile interview and other data into reports and lists.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Experience in the operation of a computer may be required.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.
- May require driver's licence.