National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2021 Version 1.0
- 1 - Business, finance and administration occupations
- 10 - Specialized middle management occupations in administrative services, financial and business services and communication (except broadcasting)
- 100 - Specialized middle management occupations in administrative services, financial and business services and communication (except broadcasting)
- 1003 - Managers in communication (except broadcasting)
10030 - Telecommunication carriers managers
Telecommunication carriers managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a telecommunications establishment, department or facility. They are employed by wired, wireless, satellite and other telecommunications carriers.
- microwave facilities manager - telecommunications
- network installation manager - telecommunications
- network operations manager - telecommunications
- network services manager - telecommunications
- operations and transmission services manager - telecommunications
- regional manager - telecommunications system
- switching systems director - telecommunications
- telecommunications facilities manager
- telecommunications installation manager
- telecommunications manager
- telecommunications services manager
- telephone company district manager
- Broadcasting manager (See 50011 Managers - publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts)
- Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services (See 00012 Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a telecommunications establishment, department or facility
- Consult with senior managers to establish policies concerned with the development, operation and maintenance of telecommunications services
- Direct and control telecommunications traffic volume and flow within assigned areas, through subordinate supervisors and technical staff
- Analyze and evaluate telecommunications installation, operation and maintenance services and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure compliance with telecommunications regulations and directives of government regulatory agencies
- Liaise with representatives of related or connecting companies to resolve joint telecommunications problems and ensure efficient telecommunications system operations
- Recruit personnel and oversee their training.
- A university degree in science, electrical engineering or a related field is usually required.
- Several years of experience in a related technical profession, including supervisory experience, are usually required.
- Progression to senior management positions in telecommunications is possible with experience.