National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Version 1.3
- 9 - Occupations in manufacturing and utilities
- 96 - Labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- 961 - Labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
9619 - Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities in processing, manufacturing and utilities. They are employed by companies that manufacture products such as clothing, footwear, furniture and electrical and electronic products and by printing and packaging companies.
- bindery helper
- box packer
- carton marker
- chair sander
- clothing plant labourer
- electrical products labourer
- film cutter - film processing
- furniture packer
- garment folder
- lens blocker
- machine packager
- seed packager
- shoe manufacturing labourer
- sorter - recyclable materials
- upholsterer helper
- Supervisors of labourers in this unit group (See 9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly)
- Supervisors, electrical products manufacturing (See 9223 Supervisors, electrical products manufacturing)
- Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing (See 9224 Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing)
- Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly (See 9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- There is some mobility among occupations in this unit group.
- Progression to machine operating positions is possible with experience.