National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Version 1.3
- 0 - Management occupations
- 07-09 - Middle management occupations in trades, transportation, production and utilities
- 082 - Managers in agriculture, horticulture and aquaculture
0822 - Managers in horticulture
Managers in horticulture plan, organize, direct and control the activities of nursery and greenhouse staff who grow and market trees, shrubs, flowers and plants.
- Christmas tree farm operator
- flower grower
- greenhouse manager
- greenhouse operator
- nursery manager
- nursery operator
- plant grower - nursery
- Nursery and greenhouse workers (See 8432 Nursery and greenhouse workers)
- Turf farmer (See 0821 Managers in agriculture)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of nurseries and greenhouses
- Establish the environmental conditions required to grow trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and design planting and care schedules accordingly
- Determine type and quantity of stock to grow
- Supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying stock
- Identify and control insect, disease and weed problems
- Develop marketing plans
- Provide information to customers on gardening and on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- Order materials such as fertilizer, garden and lawn care equipment, and other nursery and greenhouse related accessories
- Hire and manage staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Maintain records on stock, finances and personnel.
- Completion of a college program in horticulture is usually required.
- Experience as a nursery or greenhouse supervisor is required.
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: