National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Version 1.3
- 0 - Management occupations
- 01-05 - Specialized middle management occupations
- 051 - Managers in art, culture, recreation and sport
0512 - Managers - publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
Managers in publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate operations within publishing firms, film, theatre and record production companies and broadcasting facilities. They are employed by radio and television stations, by newspaper, periodical and book publishing firms, and by film, theatre, record and video production companies.
- ballet company director
- book publishing manager
- broadcasting manager
- broadcasting station manager
- copyright manager - publishing
- dance company director
- managing editor
- opera company director
- publishing manager
- radio programming manager
- radio station manager
- television station manager
- theatre company manager
- video production company manager
- Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations (See 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations)
- Publishers (See 0016 Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities)
- Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c. (See 0015 Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish procedures and implement policies in newspaper and publishing firms, in film, theatre, record and video production companies, and in radio and television stations
- Plan and maintain production schedules for publications, films, broadcasts, and theatre, record and video productions
- Prepare and control budgets
- Hire and supervise staff
- Consult with government regulatory agencies to evaluate and review programs and policies, and to ensure conformance with regulations
- Initiate or approve development of articles, books, films, broadcasts, musical recordings and theatre productions, and liaise with authors, composers, producers and directors.
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, broadcasting, journalism or other arts discipline is usually required.
- Several years of experience within the publishing, film production, broadcasting or theatre industry are usually required.