National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Version 1.3
This category includes legislators, senior management occupations and middle management occupations. Senior managers are described in several broad categories. Middle managers are described in more detailed categories that span the entire labour market.
This major group comprises middle management occupations in retail and wholesale trade and customer services. It includes corporate sales managers and retail and wholesale trade managers, and managers in restaurant and food service, accommodation service, and customer and personal services, not elsewhere classified.
This minor group includes managers in customer and personal services not elsewhere classified. They are employed by hairdressing salons, dry cleaners, residential cleaning services and other establishments that provide customer and personal services not elsewhere classified; and by schools that provide non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking and fashion.
0651 - Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c.
Managers in customer and personal services provide services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning. This group also includes managers of schools that provide non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion.
- barber shop manager
- car wash manager
- cooking school manager
- driving school manager
- dry cleaning service manager
- hairdressing salon manager
- pest control service manager
- residential cleaning service manager
- septic tank service manager
- spa manager
- window washing service manager
- Accommodation service managers (See 0632 Accommodation service managers)
- Cleaning supervisors (See 6315 Cleaning supervisors)
- Executive housekeepers (See 6312 Executive housekeepers)
- Other business services managers (See 0125 Other business services managers)
- Retail and wholesale trade managers (See 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers)
- Retail sales supervisors (See 6211 Retail sales supervisors)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment providing services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning, or a school providing non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Respond to inquiries or complaints and resolve problems
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma or vocational certificate in the subject of instruction may be required.
- One to three years of experience in the service being offered are usually required.