National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011
- 8 - Natural resources, agriculture and related production occupations
- 86 - Harvesting, landscaping and natural resources labourers
- 861 - Harvesting, landscaping and natural resources labourers
8611 - Harvesting labourers
Harvesting labourers assist other farm workers to harvest, sort and pack crops.
- apple picker
- berry picker
- crop farm labourer - harvesting
- fruit picker
- fruit sorter - farm
- harvest hand
- vegetable packer - farm
- General farm workers (8431)
- Managers in agriculture (0821)
Harvesting labourers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Pick row and orchard crops
- Sort, weigh and pack fruit and vegetables at the farm
- Load, unload and transfer crates, supplies, farm produce and products for transport
- Clean up racks, trays and growing, producing and packing areas.
- There are no specific education or training requirements.
- Progression to other farm worker positions is possible with experience.