National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011
- 6 - Sales and service occupations
- 67 - Service support and other service occupations, n.e.c.
- 672 - Support occupations in accommodation, travel and amusement services
6722 - Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport
This unit group includes amusement occupations such as operators of amusement rides, games and other attractions, and attendants in amusement, recreation and sports facilities who assist patrons, collect tickets and fees and supervise the use of recreational and sports equipment. They are employed by amusement parks, fairs, exhibitions, carnivals, arenas, billiard parlours, bowling alleys, golf courses, ski centres, tennis clubs, campgrounds and other recreational and sports facilities.
- amusement attraction operator
- amusement park attendant
- amusement ride operator
- athletic equipment custodian
- billiard parlour attendant
- bingo hall attendant
- bowling alley attendant
- campground attendant
- game concession operator
- ice maker, rink
- recreation attendant
- recreational facility attendant
- ski lift attendant
- sports attendant
- tennis court attendant
- Casino occupations (6533)
- Other personal service occupations (6564)
- Other service support occupations, n.e.c. (6742)
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (5254)
- Supervisors of operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport (See 6316 Other services supervisors)
Amusement attraction operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Drive trucks, vans and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites
- Set up rides, fun houses, game concessions and other amusement attractions
- Perform routine maintenance and safety inspections of attraction equipment
- Operate rides and other attractions, oversee game activities and ensure safety of participants
- May sell tickets.
Attendants in amusement, recreation and sport perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect tickets and fees, and rent or sell sports and accessory equipment
- Schedule the use of recreational facilities such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling alleys, fitness clubs, campgrounds and other similar facilities
- Operate recreational facility equipment such as ski lifts, ice rink equipment and snow making machines
- Assist patrons on and off ski lifts and amusement park rides, secure and release safety belts and bars and monitor equipment to detect wear and damage
- Clean and maintain recreational facilities and grounds.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.