National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011
- 6 - Sales and service occupations
- 65 - Service representatives and other customer and personal services occupations
- 655 - Customer and information services representatives
6551 - Customer services representatives - financial institutions
Customer service representatives in this unit group process customers' financial transactions and provide information on related banking products and services. They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions.
- bank teller
- credit union teller
- financial customer service representative
- foreign exchange teller - financial services
- Banking, insurance and other financial clerks (1434)
- Other customer and information services representatives (6552)
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers (1212)
- Supervisors of financial customer service representatives (See 6314 Customer and information services supervisors)
Customer service representatives in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills and credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions
- Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts and savings plans and purchasing bonds
- Sell travellers' cheques, foreign currency and money orders
- Answer enquiries and resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers' accounts
- Inform customers of available banking products and services to address their needs.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma in business administration may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.