National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011
- 4 - Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services
- 42 - Paraprofessional occupations in legal, social, community and education services
- 421 - Paraprofessional occupations in legal, social, community and education services
4217 - Other religious occupations
This unit group includes brothers, nuns, monks, religious education workers and others who provide support to ministers of religion or to a religious community and who perform certain functions associated with the practice of a religion. They may perform these duties in churches, synagogues, temples or other places of worship or in institutions such as schools, hospitals and prisons.
- brother/sister - religion
- Christian science practitioner
- pastoral animator
- religious education worker
- Salvation Army field worker
- Professional occupations in religion (4154)
The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Assist at services of public worship and religious rites
- Provide religious education, spiritual guidance and moral support to members of a religious community
- Administer programs providing food, clothing and shelter.
- Requirements range from completion of secondary school education to a university undergraduate degree, depending on the particular occupation and religion.
- There may be other employment requirements depending on the particular occupation and religion.