National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011
- 1 - Business, finance and administration occupations
- 12 - Administrative and financial supervisors and administrative occupations
- 121 - Administrative services supervisors
1211 - Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in minor groups: General Office Workers (141) and Office Equipment Operators (142). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- clerical supervisor
- data entry supervisor
- filing clerks supervisor
- hospital admitting clerks supervisor
- personnel clerks supervisor
- records office supervisor
- registry supervisor
- supervisor, switchboard operators
- Office managers (See 1221 Administrative officers)
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers (1212)
- Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers (1213)
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (1214)
- Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations (1215)
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing; record keeping and filing; operating telephones and switchboards; data entry; desktop publishing; and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised is usually required.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is usually required.
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: