North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2012
- 54 - Professional, scientific and technical services
- 541 - Professional, scientific and technical services
- 5414 - Specialized design services
- 54142 - Industrial design services
541420 - Industrial design services
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in creating and developing designs and specifications that optimize the function, value and appearance of products. These services can include the determination of the materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, colour, and surface finishes of the product, taking into consideration human needs, safety, market appeal and efficiency in production, distribution, use and maintenance.
- automobile industrial design services
- furniture design services
- industrial design consulting services
- modelling services (for scale models)
- package design (industrial) services
- designing, subcontracting the manufacturing and marketing of products(31-33)
- applying principles of engineering in the design, development and utilization of machines, materials, instruments, structures, processes and systems (See 541330 Engineering services)
- designing clothing, shoes and jewellery (See 541490 Other specialized design services)
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: