North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2012
- 51 - Information and cultural industries
- 511 - Publishing industries (except internet)
- 5111 - Newspaper, periodical, book and directory publishers
- 51112 - Periodical publishers
511120 - Periodical publishersUS
This Canadian industry comprises establishments, known as magazine or periodical publishers, primarily engaged in carrying out operations necessary for producing and distributing magazines and other periodicals, including gathering, writing, soliciting and editing articles, and preparing and selling advertisements. Periodicals are published at regular intervals, typically on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. These periodicals may be published in printed or electronic form.
- advertising periodicals, publishing (except exclusively on Internet)
- comic books in issue format, publishing (except exclusively on Internet)
- magazine publishing (except exclusively on Internet)
- newsletters publishing (except exclusively on Internet)
- periodicals, all formats, publishing (except exclusively on Internet)
- printing, but not publishing, periodicals (See 32311 Printing)
- publishing newspapers (See 511110 Newspaper publishers)
- publishing directories and databases (See 511140 Directory and mailing list publishers)
- publishing sheet music (See 512230 Music publishers)
- publishing periodicals exclusively on Internet (See 519130 Internet publishing and broadcasting and web search portals)
- selling media time or space for media owners (See 541840 Media representatives)
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: