North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2012
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing health care by diagnosis and treatment, providing residential care for medical and social reasons, and providing social assistance, such as counselling, welfare, child protection, community housing and food services, vocational rehabilitation and child care, to those requiring such assistance.
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing a wide variety of assistance services directly to their clients. These services do not include residential or accommodation services, except on a short-stay basis.
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing non-residential social assistance services for individual and families.
This industry comprises establishments, not classified to any other industry, primarily engaged in providing non-residential social assistance services for individuals and families.
624190 - Other individual and family servicesUS
This Canadian industry comprises establishments, not classified to any other Canadian industry, primarily engaged in providing non-residential, individual and family, social assistance services.
- alcoholic and drug addiction self-help organizations
- crisis intervention centres
- friendship centre
- marriage (family) counselling services
- refugee services
- self-help action group
- social counselling services in mental health by social workers and psychologists (See 621330 Offices of mental health practitioners (except physicians))
- child and youth social assistance services (See 624110 Child and youth services)
- social assistance services to the elderly and persons with disabilities (See 624120 Services for the elderly and persons with disabilities)
- day-care services for children (See 624410 Child day-care services)