North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2012
This sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting, leasing or otherwise allowing the use of tangible or intangible assets. Establishments primarily engaged in managing real estate for others; selling, renting and/or buying of real estate for others; and appraising real estate, are also included.
This subsector comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting and leasing real estate, managing real estate for others, acting as intermediaries in the sale and/or rental of real estate, and appraising real estate.
- construction and development of buildings (See 23 Construction)
- acquisition, assembly, subdivision into lots and servicing of raw land for subsequent sale to builders (See 237210 Land subdivision)
- providing short-term lodging for travellers, vacationers and others (See 721 Accommodation services)
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting and leasing real estate properties. These establishments may operate (rent, lease, administer and maintain) their properties on own account, or they may subcontract the operation to a third party. This industry group also includes establishments that lease real estate from others, and sublease it to others.
- real estate investment trusts, primarily investing in mortgages or construction loans (See 526989 All other miscellaneous funds and financial vehicles)
- real estate property management on behalf of property owners (See 531310 Real estate property managers)
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting, buying and selling real estate for others, on a fee or commission basis. These establishments assist vendors by advertising and listing properties and conducting open houses for prospective buyers, assist prospective buyers by selecting, visiting and making purchase offers. They may also rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in activities related to real estate, such as real estate property management, real estate appraising and real estate listing.