North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 3.0
- 21 - Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
- 211 - Oil and gas extraction
- 2111 - Oil and gas extraction
- 21114 - Oil sands extractionCAN
211142 - Mined oil sands extractionCAN
This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in producing crude oil from oil sands or from reservoirs in which the hydrocarbons are semisolids, using open-pit mining techniques.
- bitumen production, extraction by mining
- bituminous sand digging
- crude oil (tar or bituminous sands) extracting, by mining
- synthetic crude oil production, mining
- tar sand mining for oil extraction
- exploration for, and/or production of, petroleum or natural gas from wells in which the hydrocarbons will initially flow or can be produced using normal pumping techniques (See 211110 Oil and gas extraction (except oil sands))
- performing oil field services for operators, on a contract or fee basis (See 213118 Services to oil and gas extraction)
- recovering liquefied petroleum gases incidental to petroleum refining (See 324110 Petroleum refineries)
- shale oil mining (See 211110 Oil and gas extraction (except oil sands))
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: