North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017 Version 3.0
This industry group comprises establishments primarily engaged in preparing and finishing yarn and thread, textile fabrics, textile products (except carpets and rugs), and clothing; and manufacturing coated or laminated fabrics.
- embroidering textile products and clothing (See 3149 Other textile product mills)
- finishing carpets and rugs (See 3141 Textile furnishings mills)
- fur dressing and dyeing (See 3161 Leather and hide tanning and finishing)
- knitting and finishing clothing in the same establishment (See 3151 Clothing knitting mills)
- manufacturing (cut-and-sew) and finishing clothing in the same establishment (See 3152 Cut and sew clothing manufacturing)
- printing on articles of clothing, made in other establishments (See 3231 Printing and related support activities)
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in preparing and finishing yarn and thread, textile fabrics, textile products (except carpets and rugs), and clothing, not made in the same establishment. Finishing operations include bleaching; dyeing; printing fabrics (roller, screen, flock, plisse); chemical finishing for water repellency, fire resistance and mildew proofing; and mechanical finishing, such as preshrinking, calendering, napping and stone-washing. Establishments, known as converters, primarily engaged in buying fabric in the grey and having it finished by contractors, are included.
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing coated or laminated fabrics; and in finishing textile fabrics or clothing by coating, laminating, rubberizing, varnishing, waxing or similar processes.