National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011
- 1 - Business, finance and administration occupations
- 12 - Administrative and financial supervisors and administrative occupations
- 121 - Administrative services supervisors
1215 - Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Shippers and Receivers (1521), Storekeepers and Partspersons (1522), Production Logistics Co-ordinators (1523), Purchasing and Inventory Control Workers (1524), Dispatchers (1525) and Transportation Route and Crew Schedulers (1526). They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
- dispatch logistician
- flight crew scheduling supervisor
- freight forwarding logistician
- head dispatcher
- head shipper
- inventory control supervisor
- logistics supervisor - transportation
- parts service supervisor
- production clerks supervisor
- ramp services supervisor - airport
- supervisor, receiving
- supply control co-ordinator
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (1214)
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the occupation supervised are usually required.