Labour Market and Socio-economic Indicators
Detailed information for fourth quarter 2022
The purpose of this survey is to identify changing dynamics within the Canadian labour market, and measure important socio-economic indicators. Gathering data on topics such as type of employment, quality of employment, support payments and unmet health care needs will allow policy makers to address these trends.
- Results from this Supplement survey will provide a better understanding of labour market and socio-economic indicators on key trends for diverse groups of Canadians, and will inform government as it reacts to these trends.
- types of employment
- quality of employment
- support payments
- unmet healthcare needs
Reference period: Quarter
Collection period: Data is collected for sixteen days following the reference period each month.
- Child care
- Children and youth
Data sources and methodology
The survey is conducted in the provinces only, and is made up of respondents who are in their last rotation of the Labour Force Survey (LFS).
All questions have been reviewed by the Questionnaire Design Resource Centre (QDRC).
This is a sample survey with a cross-sectional design.
The frame for this supplement survey comes from the Labour Force Survey (LFS).
The sample is made up of Labour Force Survey (LFS) respondents from the provinces only, and is made up of respondents in their last rotation of LFS. This is a longitudinal random sample of households from dwellings across Canada (more details available on the LFS webpage record number 3701).
This is a dwelling based survey.
The stratification methodology is the same as the one used for the Canadian Labour Force Survey (Catalogue No. 71-526-X, 2.5 Stratification, available online).
Sampling and sub-sampling
Sample consists of households in their 6th month of LFS. Estimated sample size is 10,000 dwellings.
Data collection for this reference period: 2022-10-18 to 2022-10-31
Responding to this survey is voluntary.
Data are collected directly from survey respondents.
- Collection method: CMP EQ, CATI & pseudo-CATI
- Capture method: CMP rEQ/iEQ
- Method of initial contact: mail-out letter
- Follow-up method: CATI
- Use of proxy reporting: proxy reporting is used for this survey
- Language(s) offered to potential respondents: English & French
- Average time required to complete the interview/survey: 15 minutes.
For imputation and validation purposes, the data collected is merged with the main LFS questionnaire. The data collected will be linked with tax data.
View the Questionnaire(s) and reporting guide(s) .