Labour Market Indicators
Detailed information for June 2023
The purpose of this survey is to identify emerging trends in the Canadian labour market. Gathering data on topics such as work locations, types of employment and quality of employment will allow policy makers to address these trends.
- Results from this Supplement survey will provide a better understanding of labour market indicators on key trends for diverse groups of Canadians, and will inform government as it reacts to these trends.
- Topics will be modified on a regular basis to provide timely insights on targeted concepts related to the state of the labour force.
- Content on working from home will be included in the Supplement on a monthly basis, giving a better picture of the current structure of the workforce.
Reference period: Monthly
Collection period: Data is collected for nine days following the reference period each month.
Data sources and methodology
The survey is conducted in the provinces only, and excludes respondents in their first or last rotation of the Labour Force Survey (LFS).
All questions have been reviewed by the Questionnaire Design Resource Centre (QDRC).
This is a sample survey with a longitudinal design.
The frame for this supplement survey comes from the Labour Force Survey (LFS).
The sample is made up of Labour Force Survey (LFS) respondents from the provinces only, and excludes respondents in their first or last rotation of LFS. This is a longitudinal random sample of households from dwellings across Canada (more details available on the LFS webpage record number 3701).
This is a dwelling based survey.
The stratification methodology is the same as the one used for the Canadian Labour Force Survey (Catalogue No. 71-526-X, 2.5 Stratification, available online).
Sampling and sub-sampling
Sample consists of households in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th month of LFS. Estimated sample size is 40,000 dwellings.
Data collection for this reference period: 2023-06-18 to 2023-06-27
Responding to this survey is voluntary.
Data are collected directly from survey respondents.
- Collection method: CMP EQ, CATI & pseudo-CATI
- Capture method: CMP rEQ/iEQ
- Method of initial contact: mail-out letter
- Follow-up method: CATI
- Use of proxy reporting: proxy reporting is used for this survey
- Language(s) offered to potential respondents: English & French
- Average time required to complete the interview/survey: 5 minutes.
For imputation and validation purposes, the data collected is merged with the main LFS questionnaire. No other source is used in data integration.
View the Questionnaire(s) and reporting guide(s) .
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: